Saturday 7 June 2014

When life gives you lemons...


This morning - with a juvenile hangover - I discovered that after some tipsy antics last night my wallet must've fallen out of my pocket and has since been swiped. We had gone home via a closed park and decided to have fun on the swings, climbing wall and roundabout. My good lady retraced our steps from last night and found my Nectar card sitting under a swing that we had been on. It felt like insult to injury - I don't even shop at Sainsbury's. They could've at least left my Tesco Clubcard, it's much more valuable to me.

I only gave up searching for said wallet after I'd looked all over the flat for it. It didn't take long as we don't have many rooms to search - but I did make sure to check in the fridge, just in case. Because of this I was 20 minutes late for my Spanish class, which - as I'd missed last week's lesson - was already something I was behind on... So really, today hasn't started particularly well.

Alas, never mind. On the positive side my driving license wasn't in there as it's due a renewal. I'd actually emptied it from my wallet on Thursday and sent it on it's merry way yesterday morning - so I suppose that's a stroke of luck. Also, despite losing £20 I did still have a solid fiver in my pocket which will cover my food needs for today.

Maybe I should take it as a sign. I haven't done particularly well in saving for our wedding next year, and though the world keeps trying to help me out, I still manage to blow my extra cash on needless drinks.

I won £85 on the lottery last week. 4 numbers. Not bad at all - certainly the most I've ever won - but that money has since departed. It barely lasted the night to be fair, as I was living it up with my lads at the Froch vs Groves fight. I did have a great time, mind you..

Alas my day continues and life goes on. There are people with sorrier stories to tell, but this is my lemon receiving story of the day. Woe is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment