Monday 18 August 2014

PL Predictions 11th-15th

I was tempted to reevaluate this as Tony Pulis was a major part in my prediction for Crystal Palace - but I suppose that's the joy with football - at any moment in time, a random unexpected event can occur and suddenly things look a whole lot different. For what it's worth, if rumous of Sherwood taking over a true, I reckon they'll go down.

Alas - I shall continue with positions 11th through to 15th.

In 11th place I have put Southampton. A lot of people are expecting them to struggle having lost the likes of Shaw, Chambers, Lallana, Lambert and Lovren - but Koeman has bought well. He has brought in players that he knows, and players that will directly replace those that have left (Shaw - Bertrand, Lallana - Tadic, Lambert - Pelle). They could do with a new central defender though, as Yoshida doesn't appear to have what it takes.

My prediction for 12th place is Newcastle United. Again, I think they'll be relatively safe - though they have a habit of making it hard for themselves. They have brought in players on long term contracts which is a bit of a risk, and they still have a pretty hefty French contingent. Cabella looks a handy signing, as does de Jong. Provided Pardew keeps his cool, The Magpies should be pretty comfortable.

In 13th I have placed Sunderland. After a huge shake up when Di Canio came in, Poyet has worked miracles in order to steady the ship and he appears to have a very clear idea of what he's doing. They still lack a top quality goal scorer, but they have a decent enough team overall with a good amount of experience. They seem to have faith in their manager, and with Poyet at the helm they could actually push towards the top half of the table.

Leicester City are the next on my list, finding themselves in 14th place. After a hugely impressive Championship campaign last season, The Foxes decided against making wholesale changes to their squad. They brought in a few players early, and Ulloa coming in from Brighton will take the goalscoring burden away from Nugent and Vardy. They have been away from the Premiership for too long and it'd be a real shame if they were to head back down.

I think exploits in Europe will be detrimental to Hull City's season, which is why I have them down in 15th. I actually think Steve Bruce has put together a brilliant squad, full of young British talent - but I worry that they'll burn out towards the end of the season. Beating Inter Milan to the signing of Ince is quite a coup, as was bringing in Livermore on a permanent basis. I like Hull and I hope they do well, but if they go on a decent run in Europe they may struggle.

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester United
3. Manchester City
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham Hotspur
7. Everton
8. Crystal Palace
9. Queens Park Rangers
10. Stoke City

11. Southampton
12. Newcastle United
13. Sunderland
14. Leicester City
15. Hull City

No comments:

Post a Comment