Wednesday 23 April 2014

FM14 - The Red Bull Challenge

Football Manager 2014 is a game I am obsessed with. I can't explain why.. I hate that I love it. It tortures me, it takes away hours of my life and it pulls me in - and I'm not even that great at it.

So for the sake of this blog, I'm going to set myself a challenge.

The Red Bull Challenge involves winning league titles and cups whilst being in charge of a club owned by Red Bull. There are 4 such teams on the game; New York Red Bulls, Red Bull Salzburg, RB Leipzig and Red Bull Brasil.


 
I would love to complete this all in one file, but I'd need jobs to open up at the right time and I find it unlikely that this will happen - so I'm going to start with RB Leipzig in the German Division 3, and see what happens from there. I will load the other leagues anyway, just in case the opportunities do arise.
 
I'll be using the 14.3.0 update, and will be using FM rather than FMC. I will use a large database, and load the leagues from Brazil, USA, Austria and Germany from the start. I'll also be starting as myself, with a Sunday League reputation.
 
I imagine that the journey from the German Division 3 to Champions League champions will be quite a long one, and I also imagine that somewhere along the way I'll get sacked before completing the challenge - but never mind! Let's be optimistic shall we? Let the challenge begin!

RB Leipzig
Founded in May 2009
'Die Bullen' (The Bulls)

Stadium: Red Bull Arena
Capacity: 44,345

Transfer Budget: £0
Wage Budget: £95k per week

Target: to finish the season in the top half of the table


Having a look at the squad, I think I have a good chance of reaching my target and even pushing for promotion. There are a number of reasonable defenders, a couple of high potential wingers and one striker who looks like he'll bang in plenty of goals. I need a bit more in the midfield areas, but beyond that I'm quite happy with the current crop.

I'll be making a few changes to the backroom staff, but nothing major as I think changing too many things at once will be detrimental to my career.

Keep an eye out for my next FM14 post, which will be posted after the pre-season.
 
#FM14 #RedBull

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Good luck! This makes me want to get back into Sims and attempt (for the 1000th time) the Random Legacy Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've got faith that I'll do alright with this team, and hopefully this save file can last for a while but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Do it, blog about it :) x

      Delete