Wednesday 23 April 2014

St George's Day



I don't think we celebrate St George enough.. He slayed a dragon! Even Shrek didn't manage that...

I'm quite partial to the odd beverage, and would happily slurp a Guinness on St Patrick's day, and sip on a scotch on Burns Night, but have hardly ever had a drink for the sake of St George.

He may look a bit feminine on Wiki, but he was brave and loyal and he's the Patron Saint of England, so on this day I think it's only fair I have a couple of beers to celebrate.

Here are my drinks of choice - the most English looking ones at the shop down the road;



..and here is how to slay a dragon, stolen from innocent drinks twitter account. I imagine this will come in incredibly handy once the 'very reclusive' and 'deeply fictional' beast is found!

Embedded image permalink

Happy St George's Day one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment