Monday 12 May 2014

Joe's England 23

With the England World Cup squad to be announced in under 3 hours time, here is who I reckon will make it onto the plane;

Goalkeepers;
Joe Hart
Fraser Forster
Ben Foster

Defenders;
Glen Johnson
Phil Jones
Chris Smalling
Phil Jagielka
Gary Cahill
Leighton Baines
Luke Shaw

Midfielders;
Steven Gerrard
Ross Barkley
Jack Wilshere
Jordan Henderson
Raheem Sterling
Adam Lallana
James Milner
Michael Carrick
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Forwards;
Rickie Lambert
Wayne Rooney
Daniel Sturridge
Danny Welbeck

I'm comfortable with most of that squad, keeping in mind the fact that Kyle Walker has been injured since March and Ashley Cole has announced his retirement from the international game. I worry that Woy will find space for Lampard ahead of maybe Oxlade-Chamberlain, but hopefully he wont. I reluctantly put Wilshere in here, though personally I'd prefer the likes of Barry or Carrick instead. I imagine some younger players will be amongst the 7 reserves - players like Flanagan, Stones and Caulker.

But we will see! At 2 o'clock we'll find out how accurate my estimates are...

No comments:

Post a Comment