Friday 2 May 2014

The Merry Month of May

My May
By Me

My May this year, will be full of fun,
With plenty of laughs and many things done,

To start, this weekend, I head back to Hastings,
Where the dancers who morris ring bells and hit things,
Where the Bogeys and Sweeps parade to the drums,
and the drinkers will rejoice, just as Summer comes,

Following from there I have a week back to normal,
Back to work, being professional, and being all formal,
Only for that to be ruined on a night at the Lane,
With a Kid who is Shit, as old Spurs meet again,

Just days after that I have a quick trip to France,
But this without my lady, in the country of romance,
Alas it'll be jolly, be swinging and great,
Because my Grandpa has a birthday beginning with eight!

More expensive than most, days after I get home,
A night on the town where the theatre folk roam,
Where old songs from Europe are presented to all,
West End Eurovision is going to be a ball!

Now the next is uncertain, as it depends on the the score,
But if success comes along, then to Wembley I'll tour,
To support with my Buddy, the team that he favours,
The Hoops, he calls them. I say Queens Park Rangers.

The week after that I'll head to Wembley once more,
With the Kid who is Shit, Buddy, Josh - just us four,
As a battle is to be viewed between two giants of the ring,
Froch versus Groves, one on one, a battle of boxing,

..and that is my month, my merry little May,
In June is the World Cup. Not too bad, hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment