Friday 30 June 2017

Day 102

100 days in, 19 weeks complete. This is mad. We're so close to the halfway stage, June is round the corner and the sun is shining.

On the 14th we find out if our baby is going to be Pink or Blue. I've convinced myself we're having a girl, but I've been a bit less confident in that lately. 

Everything was perfectly fine at the GP. We even got to listen to the heartbeat, which was a huge relief to Jackeline as she was worried that she hadn't felt anything (even if it was very early)... But then lo and behold, a couple of days later she lay flat on her back, hands on her belly and she felt movement! It was magical to see her face light up. 

Of course, I immediately put my hand down to feel it too but I couldn't.. Not to start with anyway. After a while I felt a little flicker on the palm of my hand, and then I went to put my cheek to her bump an felt a little tap. I've never been so happy to be kicked in the face!

At home we've watched just about every available episode of  One Born Every Minute. I bought Jackeline a little traingular wedge cushion to give her support when she's lying down, and we're going to move things around in our spare room in order to facilitate a nursery of sorts.

Jackeline herself is just getting more and more beautiful as this goes on. I've heard about a pregnancy glow, but I thought it was just at thing people say.. But she really has it, and a few people have commented on it. She's still quite sensitive though, and when I told her this morning that her feet smell, she cried. 

As for me, I'm starting to understand why a Father to be could feel left out. When Jackeline sits there and tells me 'baby is awake' because she can feel it moving, I kinda wish I could feel that too - but that's all. It's an amazing experience for her body to go through, and I'm just blessed to be witnessing the whole thing and taking part as much as I can. I certainly don't envy the negatives that come along with it, so it's only fair she feels a true benefit once in a while.

She's having moments when she can barely walk now, usually after sitting down for a long time. She'll get quite a lot of pain in her lower back and she'll struggle to get around - but once she's moving again, she's fine... it's just those initial steps.

So yea, the next thing to look forward to is our next scan! As I said, that's on the 14th which is 19 days away so look out for blog 'Day 121' or something shortly after... 

Thanks for reading :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment