Friday 30 June 2017

Day 24

We've kept our secret for 24 days now, and it has become rather straightforward.

The dust has settled, and it is all beginning to sink in. We received our letter from the midwife (literally the day after my last post) and we have two appointments booked in. The first one is on March 18th, which is ideal date wise - I'm away to the Cheltenham Festival on the 16th & 17th, and I'm doing the Hastings Half Marathon on the 19th. I'll have a hire car for the duration, so it slots in beautifully.

I'd be lying if I were to say I wasn't nervous about this appointment. As much as we need to keep positive, it is at this stage where we are most likely to get some bad news. I'm getting this worried feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I just hope that everything is fine and healthy. 

Our next appointment after this is for the 12 week scan, which will be on April 18th. This is the point at which we will let people know - just after Easter. Which means I can celebrate with a bottle of fizz, because lent will be over!

That'll be a big milestone, and will be the first time we'll see our baby taking shape. I cannot wait!

Over the past week, we've discussed baby names. We've always discussed baby names, but we go through phases. We used to like certain ones that we are no longer fond of, and some that we disregarded ages ago are coming back into the picture.

I think we've now settled on a name for both a boy and a girl. 

We've also come to the conclusion that we will find out the gender when we get the option. I've known a lot of people keep it a secret from themselves, but ultimately I don't really see the point. It'll be a surprise to us whenever we find out, so why not find out sooner? 

That's pretty much it for today - just a little update. Not a lot going on. Jackeline is still tired and nauseous, and I'm still plodding along with work and marathon training.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment