Friday 30 June 2017

Day 16

Time doesn't half drag when you're counting down to 12 weeks!

Today we hit the 6 week mark, but we're only 16 days into discovering the news and it feels like forever.

We had our appointment with the doctor last week. It was lovely, and the doctor was great. Nothing intrusive or anything, just a general health talk and it was great to tell someone our secret! Jackeline was advised to do pilates or go swimming to strengthen her core and we were simply informed of the next steps. We're now waiting to hear from the midwife who will take over from hereon. We've yet to hear anything, but today is literally the second working day since we were at the doctors, so we shall remain patient.

Jackeline continues to feel sick. She wasn't well at all yesterday morning, so called in sick to work. She improved as the day went on but generally it comes and goes in waves. She'll feel sick, but then eating something seems to help that out.. She'll then be ok for a short while before getting cramps and then back to feeling sick.

No weird cravings just yet. I popped to the shop to pick up some ice cream for her, and she texted me asking to buy a couple of oranges too - though this is out of the ordinary, I wouldn't call it weird.

We went to a friends house for dinner on Saturday, which was delicious. They're expecting their first child, due in June, so baby talk was standard. We were asked when kids will be on the cards for us, and Jackeline went bright red and looked at me. I was expecting her to cover it up, but she didn't at all! After a moment of silence, I cut in with "we're open to the idea" but I'm pretty confident they knew they'd caught us out. Politely, they didn't push that line of questioning any further. 

On a personal note, I've been taking better care of myself over the past couple of weeks. Training for a half marathon helps, but I've committed to that more than I had done previously. I want to ensure I stay in good shape for the rest of the year, and not just up to March! My alcohol intake has dropped significantly. I had a glass of wine with dinner on Saturday, and I've bought a few non alcoholic beers for home. Food wise, I've not had a takeaway for a while now and am saving money that way.

Financially, we're becoming reclusive to try and save. My main expenditures lately have been fitness related (protein powder, new running shoes) and paying off debts. I've set myself a savings target for October, as maternity/paternity pay can be pretty shocking! So we'll need a buffer for when that comes round. 

So things are now starting to take shape. We're just tapping our feet impatiently waiting to hear from the midwife, and then we'll have more of an idea of where we're at!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment