Friday 30 June 2017

Day 88

The secret is out. We've pretty much told everybody now. 

Jackeline is over the sicky feelings, but still gets aches and pains. That'll only get worse as she has scoliosis, meaning that she has a curvature of the spine. When she leans back, her little bump goes off the the left because that is the way her back is shaped.. It's funny to see, but can lead to a whole load of complications.

She thinks she's been pretty normal, but there are a few things that have happened which certainly would've have happened before.

Firstly, the emotions. She cried for 4 or 5 contradicting reasons the other day.. "I'm tired of being pregnant", "I love being pregnant", "you're doing so much for me and I feel bad", "you haven't done this for ages..." and so on.

She came to bed a couple of nights ago with a bit of a face on her, I asked what was up and she said "The toothepaste is too foamy". I mean, seriously. What do you want me to do with that? 

So I laughed in her face.

Overall though, she has been good. Cravings tend to centre around citrus fruits and Colombian food. A family friend seems to be in tune with it though, because every time she tells me "I fancy this for lunch" she'll get a text saying "I'm cooking this tomorrow, do you want some?" - and it just works out nicely!

She's getting a little frustrated about the fact that she can't feel the baby yet. We're into our 17th week, which means we've completed 4 months. Google tells me it's unlikely that she'll feel the baby until weeks 18-20, and even then it'd just be a flutter here and there. I think there's nothing to worry about, but try telling a pregnant lady that. She's always taken pride in her intuition, and if she feels like something is wrong, in her mind something must be wrong.

From a Father-to-be perspective, I'm getting on well. She asked me recently if I feel left out because she read on her app that I may do, but I don't. Every night I'll rub coconut oil onto her belly, which has led to me calling the baby "baby coconut". I'll rub down Jackeline's back too, especially when it's aching, and I'll occasionally sing a little song to the bump as it should now have developed the ability to hear. I don't feel left out at all. I'm part of this creation, and I know that. Jackeline knows that too and so does everybody else. I'm proud when I see people rubbing her belly, and I'm excited to see our baby at the next scan.

So yea, overall things are getting along nicely. We have an appointment at the GP tomorrow which is meant to be a 16 week check, though it'll be more like 17.5.. but that's fine. Jackeline has a bunch of questions, and I'm hoping they'll simply put her mind at ease..

That's it! Until next time :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment